VP6 via RTMP
VP6 codec is supported only in RTMP protocol. Nimble Streamer has wide RTMP feature set, so you can create full-scale VP6 transmuxing scenarios which includes the following:
- receiving VP6 content as published stream;
- get RTMP pulled streams, including pull by request scenario;
- transmuxing VP6 for RTMP playback;
- performing RTMP re-publishing to allow delivery to other destinations like your edge servers or third-party CDN.
VP8 and VP9 via RTSP
VP8 and VP9 codec are supported only in RTSP protocol. Nimble Streamer also has RTSP feature set, and VP8/VP9 transmuxing scenarios cover the same set of features:
- receiving VP8 and VP9 content as announced (published) stream;
- get RTSP pulled streams, including pull by request scenario;
- transmuxing VP8/VP9 for RTSP interleaved playback;
- making RTSP re-publishing to deliver media to your edge servers, third-party CDN or other destinations.
VP6, VP8 and VP9 playback capabilities all have support for our paywall features like hotlink protection, geo-blocking or pay-per-view framework.
Another great security option is publish control for VP6/VP8/VP9 streaming which allows applying your business logic to the streams that are published by third-parties.
Also check full list of codecs supported by Nimble Streamer.
If you have any VP codecs family feature request, feel free to contact us about it.