In addition to just transmuxing and transcoding audio, Nimble now allows adding any metadata to any outgoing Icecast stream. So any player capable of Icecast playback and metadata processing will show respective info during the playback.
Let's see how you can do that.
Click on Nimble Streamer -> Live streams settings top menu then click on Icecast metadata tab.
Now click on Add Icecast metadata button to see the metadata setup dialog.
Application name and Stream name must be same as your outgoing stream name which you'd like to add metadata to.
The next set of fields is for the metadata items, each name has respective megadata item name:
- Channel name
- Description for the channel
- Bitrate in KBps
- Audio info which is automatically filled with bitrate value but you can add any additional info there
You can also specify what servers to apply this setting to - just use the checkbox for respective servers. Click Save to apply your settings and check the list to show the update process.
That's it. If you want to change anything - just click on the tool icon.
Further audio streaming options
With Icecast/SHOUTcast streams being processed in via single transmuxing engine you may also use them in various scenarios like these mentioned below.
- Transform streams via Live Transcoder to change the bitrate, sample rate, volume and much more. Check this and this video as example of control UI.
- Use full variety of reporting features to know more about your audience and your streams' popularity and performance.
- Apply full featured Paywall framework for your audio streams.
- Set up Icecast streams monitoring with Dispersa to make sure your streams are available.
- Use Icecast control API in case you'd like to handle behavior remotely.
Let us know if you have any suggestions or questions regarding audio streaming, we're opened for discussions.